Do you have full control of interruptions in production? Does your production run at optimal levels? Are your post-calculations reliable? Machine Integration (MI) helps you to improve your production activities within these areas.
What does MI mean?
MI is a function that integrates your machines with MONITOR ERP system. This enables worked hours, quantity, and downtime to reported automatically.
You’ll also gain a good overview of the present situation as well as follow-up of OEE.
If there is a high level of automation in your production, Machine Integration can be used to follow up stop times and machine usage.
- Stops are reported automatically by the machine – The operator selects a stop cause, and you can also follow-up on-duty time for the machine.
- Quantity is reported continuously by the machine – Manual quantity calculation and reporting disappears.
- Follow-up on pace and planned finish time – It’s possible to see an overview of the status in the workshop. You can also use a board showing the pace. This provides clear and visual machine monitoring.
What are the benefits?
There are several benefits that come with using MI:
- More reliable reporting
- Reliable post-calculations (profitable/unprofitable products)
- Simplified reporting for operators
- Improved machine monitoring
- Displaying OEE scores
- Keep better track of profitability
The technology behind MI
A PLC (see picture below) is linked to each machine, which interprets signals from the machine and transfers data to MONITOR. One signal indicates the machine is running, and another that a piece is finished.
You will require one MI server, one PLC, and one machine terminal per machine (highlighted in red in the image to the left). You can then connect as many dashboards as you like.
For further information please contact the Sales department at email@example.com.