In this procedure you can export and import accounting data.
Work flow in the procedure
First you should make sure that you are working in the correct accounting year. Then you select which operation to perform: Export or Import. You then configure different settings for the export or import. You execute an export or import by using the buttons Export or Import on the toolbar in the procedure. These buttons become activated when a correct file path/file name has been entered. When you make an import, the Import rules window opens where you can decide how different items should be imported to the system. After you have finished this step and clicked on Import, a dialog is displayed showing the result of the import.
When you make an import, the Import rules window opens for you to have the chance to decide how different items should be imported to the system. The system tries to match voucher series and dimensions. If the system does not succeed, you can do this manually.
Voucher number series
The upper box is only used if you have chosen to import vouchers. In the box you see/enter links between voucher number series in the file and voucher number series in the system. You can also see/enter how many vouchers exist in the file per voucher number series. If the same series exist in the file as in the system, this will be suggested. In case voucher number series are completely missing in the import file then you must always do the linking manually.
For each series in the file the following options exist in the Import column:
- Yes, vou. no. from file (default) – if voucher number for the series in question exists in the file, that voucher number will be created at the import. This option might mean that the import at a later stage will cause messages saying the import failed because the voucher number already exists in the system.
- Yes, vou. no. from file, skip vou. when a clash occurs – if voucher number for the series in question exists in the file, that voucher number will be created at the import. This option might mean that the import will skip vouchers which are already recorded in the system. This option can be useful if you continuously import SIE files where each import also contains vouchers already imported. In those cases only new vouchers added since the previous import will become imported.
- Yes, next available vou. no. – This option (and the No option) are the only options you can select if the file does not contain any voucher numbers. Even though the file contains voucher numbers you can still choose to take the voucher number from the next available voucher number in the system instead. The latter might be useful if you for example obtain an SIE file with closing record vouchers from the accountant where he/she has used the same series and voucher number which have already been used. Then this option can be used to import the vouchers, as an alternatives to entering them in a separate voucher number series.
- No – This option means you completely skip importing the vouchers in the number series in question.
It is allowed to enter the same voucher number series on several rows. But during the import you risk receiving an error message about the voucher number clashing. To the far right in the box there is a column containing a button which you can use to display errors/warnings per voucher number series. There might be more than one error/warning within the same series if:
- The period is closed (warning)
- The period is locked (error)
- The voucher series is locked (error)
- There are vouchers belonging to another accounting year (error)
- The same voucher number occurs several times (error)
Warnings/errors recognize what you have entered in the Import column. If you choose the No option all warnings/errors, if any, will disappear. If you change from Yes, vou. no. from file to any of the other options, the warnings/errors will take this into consideration.
The system recognizes which dimensions exist in the file. These are displayed and are automatically matched against the dimensions existing in the system. If the dimensions do not become matched, you must do this manually. In the Import column you can determine if the dimension should be imported. This will then also apply to transactions/balances/budgets for the dimension in question.